Tuesday 20 May 2008

Education: Learning Languages

This is an interesting new idea from the BBC to help people to learn languages by getting them involved in a drama. This course is in Spanish and is called Mi Vida Loca.

I have a special interest in learning Spanish as my wife is Spanish and my children have been brought up to be bilingual. I have only been to one week of language training but I can cope with listening in Spanish and I can even watch films in Spanish without getting completely lost. My spoken language is still terrible, I just cannot think fast enough in Spanish to deal with a normal conversation. Most of my learning has been by immersion. When I go to Spain I am in a part of the country where there are few English speakers and so I have to work in Spanish so there is no alternative to learning. For me this is the best way to learn any language.

No comments: